Sunday, May 14, 2017

Out of the closet, a confession.

I wasn’t going to talk about this and then I thought, Louise come out of the closet, it’s your time.  So confession time is here.  I have pantry moths.  But that isn’t the bad part, what I was doing every morning to get rid of them is.  This may help someone else if they are more careful than I was.  

Phase one.  First thing, get your starter cup of coffee; you will need your strength to do battle with these little bastards.  Sit quietly, drink you black gold and contemplate the task ahead. 

Begin phase two. Quietly open the pantry door,  sneak in, and silently close the door behind you.  You don’t want them to know you are there.  Do not turn on the light, repeat no light.   Now look around and locate them on the ceiling and walls.   Carefully grab your broom.  I have a pretty pink broom I purchased, not for just this purpose but it worked great for a while.  Side bar; you have to be super-fast or they fly away and hide.  Where they hide I do not know, but off they go till tomorrow morning.  Ok. back to the broom, start smacking them with the bristles.  Sometimes if you are fast and stealthy you can get two or three at one time.   Do this till they go and hide, get your second cup of coffee and plan for tomorrow morning. 


This is where I want to warn you what can happen.  While I was wildly swinging my pink broom I knocked off $20+ dollars of balsamic vinegar. Of course it crashed to the floor and shattered everywhere. But I did not care, I was beating those winged demons this time and winning.  Except, I didn’t know the pink broom had come in contact with the vinegar on the floor.  When I was done and turned on the pantry lights I noticed there were streaks of vinegar all over the ceiling and some of the walls.  It resembled a faux finish of sorts.  Long story short, my broom stinks, the pantry needs a new paint job, the moths laugh at me and my friend Deb is bringing me moth traps with pheromones in them.  

I’ll keep you posted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment